English Department Grading Procedures
- Daily grades: homework and quizzes = 40% of your grade.
- Major grades: tests and major assignments = 60% of your grade.
- Late DAILY work received 1 day late will receive a grade no higher than 70. (-30)
- Late DAILY work received 2 days late will receive a grade no higher than 50.(-50)
- No late work will be accepted for credit 3 DAYS OR LONGER after the due date. (GRADE=0)
Absences and Make-Up Work
- It is your responsibility to get your make-up work from the make-up work box when you come back after an excused absence. You must be responsible for yourself! If you know in advance that you will be gone, talk to me. You may be able to get your assignments before you go. Sign up for tutorials if needed. You are responsible for all missed material, including bell work.
You have one day per day absent to make up daily work and one week to make up a test; after that missed work is recorded as a zero. I will put LTE (LTE=0) in the grade book in the place of that grade, and it will stay a zero if it is not made up.
Explanation of Letter Grades Used in Grade book
INC incomplete assignment; grade = a zero
ABS make-up work; grade = a zero
EXC excused grade
LTE late or missing assignment; grade = a zero
REMEMBER: It takes an average of FOUR good grades to recover from a zero!!!